Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Mr. Pi and Mr. Arduino decided to stop by....

Today the raspberry pi 2 arrived.  After work I spent a little time, 4 hours, reverse engineering the differences between the MIT released version and changes I would need to either use this with my own monitor or upgrade to the raspberry pi 3. Needless to say, I am not done with this process.....

 

 The next day, the Arduino arrived in the mail. Elon gets so excited when amazon delivers another component. I think that is his favorite part of this build. Delivering me the packages and discovery what secret it unlocks for our build.
Raspberry Pi connected to Arduino Mega

 While waiting for sd card images to write, I spent some time on the power outlet wiring and getting it ready for when my grove jst 2.0 mm connectors arrive to make the cabling for the sensors and arduino mega board. I finished wiring the relays and using some jumper wire connected the inputs to test my AC work. So far so good....


Its getting to about quitting time, but I managed to use the black and decker saw to do some cutting. There was a lot of fitting and adjusting to get the motherboard panel  to bolt correctly.

That is all for tonight, it is a work day.

No comments:

Post a Comment